So, I had my graduation ceremony yesterday. I was so nervous! But it turned out to be ok, and I wasn't late, and I didn't fall over, and it wasn't as long and boring as I thought it'd be.
The ceremony was in the abbey, which is a pretty cool place for it. I couldn't see the stage directly from my seat, but they had loads of TV screens set up so we could still watch. We had to walk onto the stage and shake hands with the chancellor and the only thing I could think was:
'WE HAVE A CHANCELLOR?'
I'd never heard of the guy before, some good student I am.
So it turns out that the academic robes are some of the most preposterous and awkward things to wear ever. Not to mention the fact that they're too hot for summer. I was able to keep my hat on only if I didn't move my head at all. But because I felt important in my robes (I liked the fact that we got to wear the blue hoods for masters students, instead of green for the bachelors) I tried to keep them on for as long as possible and went walking all around town in them.
Bad news about the graduation day:
1. It rained the whole time we were in Bath. Proper non-stop rain.
2. My Dad woke up on the morning of the ceremony and couldn't look left. (I've experienced this before, it's difficult, yet amusing)
Photos will come later, when my Mum uploads them from the camera.
We also went around the Roman Baths, which is always a fascinating place. I love watching the water flow through the Roman channels that still work to this day. While there, my parents and I decided that the two words in the English language that are the nicest to say are:
Try it! They just roll off the tongue.
OK. OK. Here's where I talk about Tsubasa chapter 121. Spoilers ahead.
My previous predictions that came true:
- Kurogane jumps down to save the day and gives Syaoran a jolly good beating (while feeling bad about it, of course)
- Actual Syaoran finally turns up and
merges with his clone to form super-ultimate-Syaoran-destructo-tron all hell breaks lose.
OK, so we have actual Syaoran, but we have no idea what he's going to do, because he only just showed up at the end.
And Kurogane did save the day! Kurogane is great in this chapter. He does give Syaoran a jolly good beating, but he doesn't seem to feel bad about it at all! He seems at first horrified and then angry with Syaoran and is quite happy to break his arm to stop him from taking Fay's other eye.
The good news:
- Fay is not dead! Just a little bleedy.
- Fay's magic is in both of his eyes so he's only lost half of it!
The good but disturbing news:
- Evil Syaoran is a lot more cool than normal Syaoran, especially when he tries, quite delibrately, to bite out Fay's other eye.
Form is loading...