Because lists are easier than prose:
1. Went to see my parents this weekend. I got my Mum some books for Mother's Day. Because I'm so thoughtful, I bought her books that I would like to read, rather than take the time to consider what she might want to read.
2. Watched some old-school Marx Brothers at home. Namely, Duck Soup. Here's a clip, showcasing some great physical comedy. It's amazing to think that this film was made in the early 1930s.
3. Also watched The Lion King, which was my all-time favourite movie for almost my whole childhood. I still know parts of it word for word. It's still great.
4. I went crazy yesterday and cleaned the whole bathroom. Then I had a bath, which is very nice on a cold day.
5. The weather is mental at the moment. It felt like summer last week. This week it feels like all the seasons in one. In the past two days we have had, bright sunshine, pouring rain, sleet, snow, hail, loads of wind. I almost thought the world was ending yesterday; and that we'd have to hole up in the library and fight wolves until my Dad came to rescue me; then I realised that we're not in The Day After Tomorrow.
6. I'm going to draw today. I haven't drawn any of Clematis since I got the internet back. But I've no more back-log of anime to catch up on now, so it's drawing for me.
7. I think it's about time I change the layout of this site don't you think? Now I know last time that people were jealous because Nick was my model for the photo. Therefore you now have your chance. If you really want to have yourself on the layout, then send me a lovely picture and I'll see what I can do (within the bounds of my procrastination and laziness of course).
Comment from: Janine Member
Comment from: Mariya Visitor
1. Weather is just as mental in NY as it is in UK we had snow and sleet on Friday (the day that my co moved offices, of course) but it should be 60 F tomorrow.
2. There is now way that I would miss a chance to pimp my art, so here’s a link to my new art web site www.mariyasart.com or to my old one http://marishat.multiply.com - please feel free to use any of the images, especially on the 1st one.
3. I read the fan fictions that you’ve sent to me a while ago but it is only now that I get to post comments. I thought that both were interesting (I skipped the 3rd one because I don’t know the other manga) but I never thought that it could be Watanuki & Domeki. I’ve always imagined it Yuko & Watanuki. BTW I got the 2nd DVD of Loveless and am planning to get the 3rd one soon ^___^
1. When I first started reading xxxHolic I was really worried that it was going to turn into some Yuuko x Watanuki hentai manga. Luckily I was wrong. After that I haven’t been able to see any Yuuko x Watanuki at all; she just seems so motherly towards him (when she’s not drinking herself blind that is). I also wasn’t able to see any Watanuki x Doumeki for a long time; when you consider Young magazine, which xxxHolic is printed in, in Japan, that kind of thing is very much not what the target audience is interested in. I was quite staunch on the subject. But then they had the whole incident with that motherly lady who was making Watanuki ill, and I had a kind of revelation. Doumeki saves Watanuki’s life so many times, and is prepared to sacrifice a lot for it. He also puts up with a torrent of abuse from Watanuki, day after day after day. And finally, Doumeki is very popular with the ladies, but not once have we seen him take any interest in any of them (besides Himawari), not once.
Of course, Watanuki would have a fit at the mere thought of a relationship with Doumeki, or Yuuko for that matter; there woud be much wailing and gnashing of teeth.
I’m actually sort of a fan of Doumeki x Watanuki x Himawari friendship!group myself. They all need the support of each other, and would probably all be alone if they weren’t friends together.
And also, half of me is actually a fan of Watanuki x anyone.
2. That’s a snazzy art site. I’m going to link to it, if you don’t mind. And thank you for letting me use your art! I’ve been playing around wih the images a lot, to the detriment of my sleeping time. I’ve edited the image a little, so I thought I should get your approval before I actually used it. This is sort of what the layout would look like. I actually tried using a number of your pieces, but this Venice one seemed to inspire me the most.
It struck me, as I was working with them, that a lot of your artworks have a very rich autumnal feel to them. Is this something that you purposefully go for? Or is that just the way it happens?