I've neglected this poor blog for a little bit. But sadly I can't attribute it to anything other than my love of procrastination. Hooray.
It's been lovely this weekend, hasn't it? Theresa and Colin came down for a bit. We went to the museum and saw some Egyptian mummies and shit ^_^b
I'm liking a few tunes at the moment, let me tell them to you. Warning: they're all catchy like VD:
1. Jack Peñate - Tonight's Today
Happy music. I like happy music. It sounds like I should be sitting on a warm beach somewhere.
2. Empire of the Sun - Walking on a Dream
My flatmate played it so much that it got stuck in my head like a bitch. Also, Empire of the Sun look like magicians. That's awesome in my book.
3. Peter Bjorn and John - Nothing to Worry About
I love the baseline. Simple yet effective.
Also, I got Franz Ferdinand's new album. It is glorious. This is the Franz I used to know and love, only this time they've found their electro side. I love their electro side.
Here are a few of my favourite songs:
Franz Ferdinand - Ulysses
- I'm sure I've pimped this song here before. But it demands pimping again.
Franz Ferdinand - No You Girls
- Why is their music always so sexy?
Franz Ferdinand - Lucid Dreams (album version)
- The album version is amazing, because, halfway through the song (4.45 minutes in, to be precise), they really let their electro side show. And it's wonderful. It's like being wrapped in a cosy electro blanket. The first time I heard it, I literally had to drop everything I was doing to just stop and listen.